Greater Tucson Leadership is seeking a full-time Special Events and Community Outreach Coordinator who is motivated, creative, community-minded, and who is passionate about event planning and fundraising.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for the planning, promotion and execution of all GTL special events and play an active role in implementing new events.
- In partnership with the executive director, coordinate community fundraiser outreach efforts and be responsible for the creation and maintenance of Corporate Sponsor relationships on behalf of GTL
- Participate in brainstorming with and integrating feedback from GTL participants, alumni, and community stakeholders
- Will help to identify and facilitate discussion and decisions about issues affecting events; and will synthesize the different experiences and perspectives of GTL participants to inform donation outreach efforts and event planning
This position requires high energy; excellent communication skills; the ability to be proactive; the ability to form positive relationships with stakeholders; and the ability to meaningfully engage with diverse communities to be successful in achieving the goals of GTL.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Flexibility is needed to work evenings/weekends during events. Must be available to work 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the second Thursday of every month.
- Proactively creates and tracks all details of event plans and meets all deadlines
- Plan, develop and implement all special events, which includes: Man and Woman of the Year and Founders Award Gala and alumni events
- Working closely with Executive Director and volunteer committees to achieve specific fundraising goals and plan all details of the events
- Prepares all printed and electronic materials (invitations, signage, save-the-dates, etc.) for events in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Visualizing and executing all decor and implementing all communications for the event
- Ability to work successfully with venue, registration and merchandise vendors and manages GTL’s relationship with them
- Act as primary contact and coordinator for community fundraising events, corporate contacts and sponsorships
- Track all community fundraising event paperwork and corporate sponsors
- Proactively reaches out to community fundraisers for needed supplies or other donations, corporate sponsors and new potential community fundraising prospects
- Coordinate all corporate sponsorship fulfillment activities and ensures they are up-to-date
- Create and send corporate sponsorship fulfillment packets
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor’ degree in marketing, public relations or business preferred, Two years of experience, Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Experience preferred in event planning and working with donors and volunteers, networking and connecting in the Pima County community
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent skills in prioritization and organization
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized
- Commitment and ability to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Proficient computer skills
- Understand the mechanisms and the application of Facebook and other social media
- Proven skills managing large projects
- Experience with events planning and coordination
- Excellent internal and external customer service and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds
- Visual acuity and hand dexterity to work with computer systems (monitor, keyboard), reports, and other data sources, reading/entering/processing data and figures
- Ability to use basic office equipment
Deadline to apply is Wednesday, September 25. Resume and cover letter should be emailed to GTL Executive Director Kasey Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org.